If you’re sick of spending the end of the year in a winter wonderland, you’re not alone. Snowbirds from all over take the opportunity to travel to Belize, and there are plenty of good reasons. Here are the best reasons why you should book Belize for your winter travel destination.
- It’s easy to reach. Flights are available from major American cities — and the number of flights and hubs only increase during the winter. You can reach Belize City from Miami in as little as two hours.
- The weather is perfect. The country experiences highs that float in the low 80s and lows that hover in the low 70s, and the fact that December is right in the middle of the dry season means you don’t have to worry about storms inconveniencing you on your trip.
- The whole country is open to you. Whether you want to explore the jungles of Cockscomb Basin Nature Preserve, tour the ruins of the Cayo District, or go snorkeling or diving on the Belize Barrier Reef, everything is open in December.
- You don’t need to worry about public health issues. Belize’s Safe Corridor policy and its strict health and sanitation restrictions for businesses related to the travel industry have been praised by the international community and continue to be effective.
- Some of the best seafood is available. King conch and lobster are both in season, and they’re the centerpiece for a number of food served at this time of year.
- Christmas is still celebrated, so you don’t have to give up your traditions for the sake of a new holiday. You may even develop new holiday traditions, many of them drawn from the local Garifuna and Kriol people.
There are plenty of reasons to visit Belize in December, but there’s only one way to get around. Let Uncharted Jewel Belize be your guide throughout your winter holiday. Whether you’re seeking out transport to and from the airport or trying to book adventure tours, Ian Avilez and his team of local professionals can help you out.