International flights to Belize all land at the Philip Goldson International Airport located just outside of Belize City. With a main runway of 9,700 feet, Philip Goldson International Airport is served by United Airlines, TACA, Delta Airlines, American Airlines, U.S. Airways, Southwest Airlines, and Copa Airlines. The airport offers flights to and from Atlanta, Charlotte, Chicago, Houston, Los Angeles, Newark, New York City, and Miami in the United States, as well as Cancun, El Salvador, Honduras, and Panama City in Central America.
Inaugurated in 1990, the airport is named for Philip Stanley Wilberforce Goldson, who served as a leading politician and journalist in Belize. Overnight parking at the airport is $18 BZD per night. Locals leaving the country must pay a departure tax of $35 BZD while non-residents must pay a tax of $35.50 American dollars.
Domestic flights to and from a number of destinations in Belize are served by the local airlines Tropic Air and Maya Island Air.
- Philip Goldson International (BZE) – A modern airport with complete amenities, and the only international airport in the country
- Belize City (TZA) – The municipal airport in Belize City, with domestic flights provided by both Tropic Air and Maya Island Air
- Belmopan (BCV) – An airstrip with access to the country’s capital
- Caye Caulker (CUK) – An airstrip on the island of Caye Caulker, serviced by both Tropic Air and Maya Island Air
- Caye Chapel (CYC) – An airstrip on the island of Caye Chapel, serviced by both Tropic Air and Maya Island Air
- Corozal (CZH) – An airstrip serving Corozal District
- Dangriga (DGA) – Serving Stann Creek District, the airstrip is serviced by both Tropic Air and Maya Island Air
- Independence and Mango Creek (INB) – An airstrip serving the community of Independence and Mango Creek
- Maya Flats (MYF) – An airstrip serving San Ignacio Town in Cayo District, serviced by Tropic Air
- Orange Walk (ORZ) – An airstrip serving Orange Walk District
- Placencia (PLJ) – Located at the tip of the Placencia Peninsula, this airstrip is serviced by both Tropic Air and Maya Island Air
- Punta Gorda (ORZ) – An airstrip serving Toledo District
- Sarteneja (SJX) – An airstrip serving Northern Belize
Uncharted Jewel Belize
Locally owned and operated, Uncharted Jewel Belize offers professional shuttle service to and from every mainland airport in the country, as well as transfer services, guided tours, and vacation packages. With a fleet of modern vehicles driven by professional drivers, Uncharted Jewel Belize is the ground transportation company of choice for visitors to the country.